Sunday, December 18, 2011

Terror in the Trees

My brother, sister, niece and I have been talking a lot lately about our Christmas decoration pet peeves. It's not too hard to come up with them, especially when people have some of the craziest looking displays. My pet peeve is probably one of the most visible blunders. It's also something you would think wouldn't happen, considering it involves a major part of Christmas decorations.

Seriously, if we can wrap lights around a tree inside of our homes, how come so many people can't do it outside? Even the lights on the outside of their homes can be perfect, but the trees in their yards wind up looking like they just stood at the bottom and threw the bundle up into the tree. Worse, some just decorate half the tree.

Don't believe me? Check out these beauties. And I apologize for the quality on some. They're cell phone pictures because I forgot my camera and tripod.

House looks great. WTF is wrong with the tree??

Just the bottom, really?

I'm pretty sure the KU Jayhawk threw up on this tree.

What????

In my opinion, this is the biggest Christmas offender. If you can make your six-foot Sarasota pine look fantastic, why can't you apply a little care and precision to the trees in your yard? Please. I'm begging you.

Or better yet, skip the tree and just throw the lights on your house. Or bushes. Or anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment